May 24, 2009

Acceptance Speeches at the oscars this year

Danny Boyle(SlumDog Millionaire)-Best director

Danny Boyle"My kids are too young to remember this, but I swore that if this miracle ever happened, I would receive it in the spirit of Tigger from Winnie the Pooh, so that's what that was about. Thanks everyone at Warner Brothers for passing on to Fox Searchlight. Just to say to Mumbai - unending, unseparable, unborn - all of you who helped us make the film and all of you who didn't, thank you so much. You dwarf even the sky."


Kate Winslet (The Reader)-Best actress winner

Kate Winslet"I'd be lying if I hadn't made a version of this speech before. I must have been eight-years-old, and this [holds up statue] was a shampoo bottle. Well it's not a shampoo bottle now. I'd like to thank my family who are in this room somewhere. Dad, whistle so I know where you are. I'd like to thank my fellow nominees. These goddesses. Thank you so very much. I think we all can't believe we are in the same category as Meryl Streep at all."


A R Rahman(Slumdog Millionaire)-Best song:

A R Rehman"All my life I've had a choice of hate or love, I chose love and I'm here. God Bless"


Penelope Cruz(Vicky Cristina Barcelona)-Best supporting actress:

Penelope Cruz"It's not going to be 45 seconds, I can tell you that [and it certainly wasn't]. Has anyone ever fainted, because I might be the first one? I can not talk about great characters without mentioning my friend Pedro Almodovar. I want to dedicate this to my parents and friends..."

No comments:

Post a Comment