Jun 4, 2010

The Best Oscar Speeches for 2010

Just like the Oscar Awards, the Oscar speeches are the ones that everyone looks forward to while receiving the awards.Inspiring and true oscar speeches are the ones that actually move the audience while watching the academy awards.

Here are the some of the Best and Splendid Oscar Speeches made this year by the winners:

Screenwriter Mark Boal Receiving the Oscar Award for Best Picture for The Hurt Locker:
"We had this fantasy of making our film our way with the talent that we hoped to have, and hopefully, we would find a distributor and somebody might even like the movie.So to be standing here, this was really, truly, honestly never part of anything we ever imagined in our wildest dreams."

Sandra Bullock Receiving the Oscar Award for Best Actress for the Blind Side:
"Did I really earn this, or did I just wear ya'll down?What this film was about for me, which are the moms that take care of the babies and the children no matter where they come from.I thank my Mother for not letting me ride in cars with boys until I was 18, because she was right I would have done what she said I was gonna do."

Jeff Bridges Receiving the Oscar Award for Best Actor for Crazy Heart:
"Thank you,Mom and Dad.They loved show biz so much and I feel an extension of them. You know, this, this is honoring them as much as it is me."

Pete Docter Receiving the Oscar Award for Best Animated Feature Film for Up:
"Boy, never did I dream that making a flip book out of my third grade math book would lead to this.Thanks so much to Disney and to Pixar Animation Studios for believing in this oddball film."

Kathryn Bigelow Receiving the Oscar Award for Best Director for The Hurt Locker:
"I would not be standing here if it wasn’t for Mark Boal, who risked his life for the words on the pageand wrote such a courageous screenplay that I was fortunate enough to have an extraordinary cast bring that screenplay to life. I’d just like to dedicate this to the women and men in the military who risk their lives on a daily basis in Iraq and Afghanistan and around the world. And may they come home safe."

Elinor Burkett Receiving the Oscar Award for Best Documentary Short Subject for Music by Prudence:
"In a world in which most of us are told and tell ourselves that we can’t.Liyana, the band behind this film, teaches us that we’re wrong. Against all odds they did, so we can."

Mo’Nique Receiving the Oscar Award Best Supporting Actress for Precious:
"First, I would like to thank the Academy for showing that it can be about the performance and not the politics.Tyler Perry and Oprah Winfrey because you touched it, the whole world saw it."

Juan José Campanella Receiving the Award for Best Foreign Language Film for The Secret in Their Eyes (El Secreto de Sus Ojos):
"I want to thank the Academy for not considering Na’vi [the language in Avatar] a foreign language, first of all.And for letting us spend three great days in the company of incredible filmmakers."

Christoph Waltz Receiving the Award for Best Supporting Actor in Inglourious Basterds:
"Oscar and Penélope that’s an uber bingo".

Mo’Nique Receiving the Award for Best Supporting Actress for Precious:
"First, I would like to thank the Academy for showing that it can be about the performance and not the politics.Tyler Perry and Oprah Winfrey because you touched it, the whole world saw it."

No comments:

Post a Comment